Support Groups are FREE for those patients who undergo bariatric surgery at Atlanta Medical Center and are offered multiple times each week. There are two different support group sessions, plus pre-op and post-op classes which offer an open forum for the bariatric patients to discuss and share their experiences.
Support Groups for pre- and post-bariatric surgery patients meet on the following days & times:
Atlanta Medical Center
303 Parkway Drive
Atlanta, GA 30312
- Monday, September 15 at 6:30 PM
- Monday, November 3 at 6:30 PM
- Monday, December 1 at 6:30 PM
Highland Fitness Center
Highland Fitness CenterLevel 2R
- 11 am, third Saturday of each month
Chef Alison will demonstrate preparation of several dishes. Come and learn how to prepare healthy, easy, and tasty nutritious meals. Please register for this group by calling 866-404-4677 to reserve a space, and let your senses enjoy.
Join us Tuesdays at noon for a lively, intimate group of people making the journey through weight loss. Whether you are preparing for surgery, had surgery last week, last year, or 8 years ago - you are welcome to join us. Supporters are always welcome to participate in the discussions. This group meets in the Wellness Center on the corner of North Highland Ave. and Parkway Drive, upper level 2 R. Meetings are led by a healthcare professional (dietitian, nurse or physician). No reservation necessary; come and join in!
Join us for these other events:
- September 15 - Dietitian Erin Parker Morgan will discuss, “How to Prevent Weight Re-gain after Weight Loss Surgery.” Take charge and learn how your positive behaviors can take over after the tool has completed the job.
- October 6 - Dr. Sheldon Lincenburg, Plastic Surgeon, will discuss, “Body Contouring after Massive Weight Loss.” Please leave the children at home. His presentation will include photographs of people before and after plastic surgery procedures. Whether you are ready now or planning for the future, come and learn more about the possibilities.
- November 3 - Dr. Miguel del Mazo, Bariatric Surgeon, will speak with the group about the “Effects of Obesity on the Body.” Learn how the extra weight really does make a difference in all of your body’s systems.
- December 1 - Dr. Steven Walfish, Clinical Psychologist, will discuss his experiences with pre- and post-bariatric surgery patients. He brings a wealth of information from over 5,000 patients, researching and publishing in the area of the bariatric population.
For more information, contact Sue Wood, RN, Bariatric Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.